1. Esterházy Palace
  2. Dyer in blue museum
  3. Calvinist Collection of Pápa
  4. Spa Pápa / Várkertfürdő

Archives

Archives

The history of the archives is the same age of the church district.  At the beginning the reports and papers of the church district was closed by the bishop and the chief notary, and formation of the archives became necessary when the number of the papers had been grown.  It happened in 1765 when the church district decided to make archives cabinet where the papers of the church districts were stored in groups.  Simultaneously the Calvinist college of Pápa had its own archives.  In 1821 it was decided to establish a chief notary archives organisation.
The archives did not have a headquarter for long, but from 1872 the papers of the chief notary and from 1874 the papers of the church district were kept in Pápa once and for all.  A new building was built in the quadrangle of the ancient college for the archives in Pápa in 1934, and the whole material of the archives were stored there.  Between 1969 and 2014 the building in the quadrangle of the Ótemplom (English: Ancient Church), at number 17 Csáky street housed the archives containing the material of church communities, deans, church districts and other institutions of the church, and the executive officers whilst from 2015 the new headquarter being formed the papers were placed in the east wing of the Calvinist Academy of Teology.  The researchers are waited with well-equipped research rooms, specialized library, and archive documents help to inform them.